Friday, September 28, 2007
The Role of the Service Desk in the 21st Century, Part 7 of 7
Rich Petti brings this podcast series to a conclusion by summarizing the Role Of The Service Desk In The 21st Century and provides answers to some questions that he is presented with.
Approximate Running Time: 9.0 minutes
Thursday, September 27, 2007
12th Annual International IT Service Management Conference, February 18-21, 2008, Las Vegas
Don’t Miss The Largest, Most Respected IT Service Management Conference In The World!
Our 2008 conference - now in its twelfth highly successful year - continues a tradition of excellence and borrows its theme from Pink Floyd - Continuing The ITIL Journey: Another Brick In The Wall - to illustrate how your organization can use best practices according to ITIL, ISO, COBIT, and other business frameworks to tear down silos and barriers, and to build a strong foundation for security, compliance and business process integration.
What can you expect at the 2008 conference?
View a series of quick slideshows with last year’s conference attendees, presenters and keynotes in action, or watch this short video:
Go to the 2008 conference website
Limited passes are reserved for qualified print, online or broadcast media. Media attendees receive the following benefits:
• Entry into all conference proceedings, including lunches, networking functions, and the vendor exhibition featuring over 40 of the leading IT management technology solution providers
• Interview and photo opportunities with conference presenters, and onsite access to a dedicated media representative to assist you with your information requirements
• A complete delegate registration package, including comprehensive conference session manual
• Online access to session slides and complete audio recordings of each session
• Access to PinkLink, an online resource offered by Pink Elephant containing the latest articles and white papers about ITIL and IT Service Management best practices
Friday, September 21, 2007
The Role of the Service Desk in the 21st Century, Part 6 of 7
Rich Petti provides some implementation tips and comments on recent developments in newly published standards of how the Service Desk is not being recognized in these published standards. Further, Rich draws some conclusions as to why this is occurring.
Approximate Running Time: 10.5 minutes
Pinky’s Gold Passport
Pinky travels so often that Hyatt has given him his own Gold Passport. Good thing, since Pinky only travels first class.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Pink Elephant’s Service Manager Program: The Fastest, Most Affordable Way To Your ITIL V3 Diploma
If you want to achieve your ITIL V3 diploma faster, use the V2 bridging path!
If you’ve set a goal to get an advanced certification in ITIL, then you probably already know that for a limited time you can get your V3 ITIL Diploma through a 3-step path:
- Attain the V2 Foundation Certificate
- Attain the V2 Service Manager Certificate
- Complete the V2 to V3 Manager’s Bridge
This is a much more timely, and less costly, way for you to get the Diploma compared to the new V3 Scheme (which requires you to do at least six different courses over twice as many days as the V2 path). Well, to help make the V2 path even more practical and achievable, we are:
- Increasing the frequency of our Service Management programs!
- AND reducing the elapsed time it takes to complete the program!
- AND reducing the cost!
So how have we reduced the elapsed time of the V2 Service Manager program? Up to now, Pink’s Service Manager program ( a 1 week classroom course on Service Delivery, a 1 week classroom course on Service Support, and a 2-day exam module) was spread out over 90 days. Now you can complete those modules in only 30 elapsed days! It’s the same high quality training you’ve come to expect from Pink Elephant’s crack Training Team, but less elapsed time. And the fee is now only US$6995 – all-in, for the whole program, including exam fees!
Finally, we promise to have the new V2-V3 Manager’s Bridge module ready as soon as you’ll be ready. APMG almost have the syllabus confirmed and so we expect to have this course up and running by the turn of the year. So, as soon as you complete your Service Manager Program – the new “Bridge to Diploma” will be waiting for you!
Go here to see the dates & locations for the 30-day Service Manager Program. Dates & Locations for the V2-V3 Manager’s Bridge will be posted very soon.
Friday, September 14, 2007
The Role of the Service Desk in the 21st Century, Part 5 of 7
Join Rich Petti in the continuation of The Role of the Service Desk in the 21st century, as he presents further understanding of the ownership and responsibilities of the Service Desk and the prerequisites for it to become successful.
Approximate Running Time: 9.5 minutes
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Help Desk Institute Selects Pink Elephant’s Kate Hamblin For Standards & Exams Board
JOHANNESBURG – September 12, 2007 – Pink Elephant today announced that the Help Desk Institute (HDI) has asked Kate Hamblin, Education Consultant, to join the HDI Standards and Exams Board.
Kate’s appointment marks the second time that a Pink Elephant employee has been asked to join a global IT exam qualifications panel. In December 2006, Pierre Bernard, Manager of Product Development, was chosen to sit on the international panel that is currently working towards creating new qualifications to support the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) version 3 (V3) certification exams.
Kate has been a certified Help Desk Institute and ITIL lecturer for six years. Originally starting her career in the UK, Kate joined Pink Elephant’s South African office and brought her knowledge and expertise to a market where more companies are realising the benefits of IT best practices.
Pink Elephant is the only independent company in South Africa offering Help Desk courses along with ITIL education. Pink Elephant is certified to offer all four levels of the HDI courses, from the Customer Support Specialist to the Service Desk Manager (certification). Over the past three years, Pink Elephant has trained over 80 delegates in these courses, with recent exam results reaching as high as 98%, and the average mark for the last two courses being 81%. Pink Elephant has also delivered these courses in other African countries, including Angola.
The Help Desk Institute was founded in 1988 by Howard Kendall. The Help Desk Institute (HDI) is the leading authority on service desk and IT support related issues, providing specialist information and research about the technologies, tools and trends of the industry. It is Europe’s only support network for IT service desk professionals, providing service management consulting, customised training courses and qualifications.
The Rise & Re-Integration Of The ERP Empire
“In many of the organizations that participated in the online survey, a common pattern can be observed that shows why ERP groups are generally early adopters of formalized process in general and turn to ITIL specifically.”
In February 2007, BMC and Pink Elephant conducted online research, contacting over 54,000 people to determine where IT Service Management is headed in terms of global adoption. The results of this survey were released in a joint white paper in the July issue of PinkLink. Pink Elephant has also posted this white paper online.
This white paper builds on the survey results and examines the business reasons for the rise and separation of the SAP organization from the general IT function in the 1990s and early 2000s. Read some of the surprising findings from Pink Elephant’s Director or Product Strategy and author of this paper, Troy DuMoulin.
Monday, September 10, 2007
La Cuarta Conferencia Anual de Administración de Servicios de TI de Pink Elephant
Proximamente en el WTC de la Ciudad De Mexico, Marzo 5 y 6, 2008
MEXICO, D.F. – 10 de septiembre de 2007 – Pink Elephant, líder mundial en educación, conferencias y consultoría estratégica de Administración de Servicios de TI presentará su 4° Conferencia Anual de Administración de Servicios de TI en el WTC de la Ciudad de México los días 5 y 6 de marzo de 2008.
Siguiendo la tradición de la Conferencia Anual de Administración de Servicios de TI de Pink Elephant a la que han asistido cientos de profesionales de TI de Latinoamérica, en la Cuarta Edición de este exitoso evento se enfocará en ayudar a la comunidad de TI de México y Latinoamérica en la adopción de las normas de mejores prácticas, incluyendo la Biblioteca de la Infraestructura de Tecnología de la Información (ITIL®).
La conferencia incluirá:
• Cuatro tracks y más de 30 sesiones
• Los casos de éxito más representativos enfocados en el liderazgo de TI
• Sesiones para principiantes, de implementación o conocimientos más estratégicos
• Un track especial que incluye la participación de organizaciones que actualmente lideran la Administración de Servicios de TI
• Participación de importantes líderes de opinión y conferencistas magistrales nacionales e internacionales
• Una guía práctica de Pink Elephant, los líderes en mejores prácticas de Administración de TI
• Información sobre como puede hacer que las operaciones de TI tengan un rendimiento al nivel de las normas internacionales
• Cursos posteriores al evento para fortalecer los conocimientos obtenidos durante los dos primeros días del evento
La 4° Conferencia Anual de Administración de Servicios de TI de Pink Elephant está dirigida a las personas que buscan comprender cómo y por qué implementar las mejores prácticas de conformidad con ITIL o la ITSM, y a las personas que están interesadas en desarrollar y administrar una organización de TI enfocada en los negocios. El evento está dirigido a ejecutivos de TI, directores, Gerentes de Servicios y Soporte de TI, Dueños de Procesos, Auditores de TI o Consultores y Proveedores de TI.
Para obtener más información sobre la 4° Conferencia Anual de Administración de Servicios de TI de Pink Elephant, por favor llame al (55) 3544-3050 al 54 o visite el sitio Web de la conferencia para conocer las últimas actualizaciones sobre los conferencistas, formas de registro y las cuotas.
Registro de los medios de comunicación
Hay un número limitado de pases reservados para los medios de comunicación autorizados, incluyendo representantes editoriales, escritores independientes, editores de sitios Web y productores de noticias de medios de difusión reconocidos. Los asistentes de los medios reciben los siguientes beneficios:
• Acceso total a todas las sesiones de la conferencia, incluyendo las presentaciones sobre la tónica y el área de expositores
• Un paquete completo para representantes, que incluye un manual de todas las presentaciones de la conferencia
• Acceso total a un sitio Web protegido con contraseña que contiene las versiones electrónicas de todas las presentaciones del Simposio
• Acceso total a PinkLink, un recurso en línea que ofrece Pink Elephant y que contiene los artículos más recientes y notas del producto sobre ITIL y las mejores prácticas de Administración de Servicios de TI
• Oportunidades para realizar entrevistas y tomar fotografías en el sitio
Friday, September 07, 2007
The Role of the Service Desk in the 21st Century, Part 4 of 7
So who’s responsible for control issues? Who’s responsible for compliance issues? And who’s responsible for governance issues? Is it the Service Desk? Rich Petti continues with a discussion on the need for a control-type process and how the Service Desk of tomorrow handles all the related issues.
Approximate Running Time: 9.5 minutes
Thursday, September 06, 2007
China’s First IT Service Management Conference Coming To Shanghai In 2008
BURLINGTON, ON – September 6, 2007 – Pink Elephant, a global leader in IT management education, conferences and strategic consulting, will be presenting its very first annual IT Service Management Conference at the Pudong Shangri-La in Shanghai, China from April 7-8, 2008.
Following in the 11-year tradition of the International IT Service Management Conference that tens of thousands of IT professionals have been attending in North America, the Shanghai conference will focus on assisting China’s IT community with adopting world best practice standards, including the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®).
“Due to the success of our North American conference, our clients in China have been asking us for a similar event for some time,” says Pink Elephant President Ratcliffe. “We now have a program that’s targeted to the Chinese industry, is rich in content that will allow them to keep pace with the rest of the world and is led by the most experienced personnel within the industry.”
The conference features:
• Four tracks and more than 25 sessions
• Case study-based sessions focusing on IT leadership
• Sessions for those requiring beginner, implementation or more strategic knowledge
• A special track featuring sessions from organisations who lead the way in providing Service Management technologies
• Practical guidance from Pink Elephant, the leaders in IT Management best practices
• Information about how you can bring your IT operations on par with world standards
• Post-event courses to enhance knowledge gained during the first two days
The IT Service Management Conference is aimed at anyone seeking to understand why and how to implement best practices according to ITIL or ITSM, and anyone who is interested in building and managing a business-focused IT organization. The event is appropriate for C-level IT executives, directors, IT Service and Support Managers, Process Owners, IT Auditors or Consultants and IT Suppliers.
The conference announcement follows a recent study that revealed ITIL’s popularity among SAP, BMC Software and Pink Elephant’s user base in Asia. 59 percent of the 73 survey respondents said they managed their SAP environments as part of an ITIL initiative. ITIL was also the best practice framework of choice, with 89 percent of respondents implementing it. The biggest challenge was employee resistance to following new processes, a cultural issue that is commonly cited by organizations worldwide.
For more information about the IT Service Management Conference, please call (603) 2117 5030 (Kuala Lumpur) / (65) 6734 2744 (Singapore) / 1 800 96 8197 (Hong Kong). Or view the Schedule-At-A-Glance and visit the conference website for the latest updates on speakers, registration and fees.
A limited number of passes are reserved for qualified media, including editorial representatives, freelance writers, web site editors, and news producers from recognized broadcast media. Media attendees receive the following benefits:
• Full access to all conference sessions, including keynote presentations and the exhibitor area
• A complete delegate package, which includes a manual of all conference presentations
• Full access to a password protected website containing electronic versions of all Symposium presentations
• Full access to PinkLink, an online resource offered by Pink Elephant containing the latest articles and white papers about ITIL and IT Service Management best practices
• Onsite interview and photo opportunities