Governance sessions at PINK13
Governance is an important topic to everyone in IT. Of course it is of greatest interest to IT managers - those accountable to the governors - but we should all have a general understanding of it, just as we do with say security, whether we are directly involved with it or not.
We’ve talked about governance often enough on this blog before and seen a rising tide of posts and presentations about governance. Next year at PINK13 I’ll be presenting some more.
Past discussions on this blog include
- This useful Intro to IT Governance from George Spalding
- This excellent series on IT governance podcasts by Troy DuMoulin
- An interesting interview with Dr John Beachboard
- More here from Troy on governance strategy-setting
- and this from me about service, governance, and assurance being key themes
Next year I’ll bring you more on Governance of IT (I much prefer “Governance of IT” to “IT Governance”: it makes it clear than governance happens to IT not by IT).
- What Governance Isn’t and thereby developing an understanding of what governance is.
- Plug and Socket: Preparing IT For Governance, the practical application of governance to IT
You will of course find discussion of governance in a number of other sessions too (don’t miss Jennifer Wels on COBIT)
Previous entry: Pinkie goes to Hollywood