Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Exciting Opportunity For A Couple Of Senior IT Managers At The Conference!
I already posted on the President’s Blog about this. Sorry for the duplication of announcements - but this is exciting stuff!
Captain Mike Abrashoff wants to discuss ideas, experiences & tactics with a couple of our senior IT manager customers in the Day 2 opening keynote. If you’re up for sharing the spotlight with Capt. Mike then let us know ASAP. There’s only room for two people! You can read more details here.
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Last Few Session Slots To Be Filled!
August-September is always a very busy time for Conference planning at Pink. Between now and the end of this month we need to have all remaining session slots filled. That allows us, in September, to get working on preparing, publishing and distributing the brochure - in paper and electronic formats.
In reviewing where we are with the overall program and the huge variety of topics we want to have covered, we would like to add a handful of sessions on:
- IT Governance & the Cloud
- Supplier Management
All, ideally, from a practical perspective - someone who’s been there and done that. If that means YOU, or anyone you know, we’d love to hear from you. But hurry, we need to close the program building phase very soon.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Program For 2011’s Conference
Just a quick note to give you all a heads-up.
We’re really expanding the program next year and will have many more topics covered in more detail than ever before. Of course, that can be interpreted as just a vague piece of ‘sales speak”, so I guess I should elaborate!
We won’t just have mostly IT service management topics with a sprinkling of complementary stuff, we’re actually going to have whole tracks about that other stuff. There’ll be multiple sessions about ISO, for example, as well as security, project management, six sigma, lean IT, green IT, the cloud and COBIT. We’ve already got many speakers and sessions confirmed, but there’s still time for you to volunteer to speak and give us all the benefit of your experience or research in any of these areas.
As for keynote speakers, we don’t announce these until they’re signed, sealed & delivered - and that hasn’t happened yet even though we’ve identified who we want and we’re talking to them. I just know that they will be outstanding additions to the program!
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
What Is My Next Step With ITIL Education?
This answer varies, but, we typically ask our customers to review our Personal Development Path and check out ITIL’s Credit Profiler site.
Why Choose Pink Elephant For Your ITSM Education?
1. Pink Elephant has trained close to 200,000 IT professionals in ITIL®. That’s more than any other organization worldwide!
2. Pink Elephant offers the most comprehensive ITSM training program in the industry, addressing all modules at all levels of certification – Foundation, Practitioner, Manager and Executive.
3. Pink has an unrivaled pedigree in ITIL certification! In 1992, we were commissioned to write and present the first ITIL certification course!
4. Pink Elephant is a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute. Look at our course descriptions to see how many credits you can earn!
5. Our certification pass rates – at all levels – are the best in the industry!
6. Our trainers are the industry’s best! That’s because our instructors receive more training than the required accreditation rules. Ask us about our own internal Pink Certification Program for Consultants and Trainers! Read more about our trainers and testimonials from Raving Fans.
7. Pink Elephant is totally independent. We don’t sell software, hardware or outsourcing services. Our primary focus is ITSM education.
8. Our courses are offered in a location near you! Choose a course in one of more than 60 cities around the world.
9. Our customers – your peers – tell us Pink’s courses are the best in the industry!
10. We are renowned for our Thought Leadership! Not only have we contributed to ITIL V3, but we’ve also written books and whitepapers or have developed podcasts that are considered groundbreaking within the industry!
Sunday, February 07, 2010
I Have Lost (Or Misplaced) My ITIL Foundations Certificate. What Can I Do?
Friday, February 05, 2010
What Is ITIL?
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) is a set of books developed by the United Kingdom’s Office Of Government Commerce (OGC). The books describe an integrated, process based, best practice framework for managing IT services. To date, these books are the only comprehensive, non-proprietary guidance for IT service management.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Tweeting All The Way To Vegas!
The full program has been set for some time now (in fact we’ve already begun planning the program for the 2011 event and have almost 20 sessions confirmed, and we’ll be publishing the 2011 website before the end of January) - but it’s always nice to add new features to the event at any time.
A couple of these relate to Twitter.
We now have a Twitter hashtag - #PINK10 - which will allow you to find any Conference announcements between now and actually during the event. Just set up a search for #PINK10 in your Twitter application. For those of you who are not Twitter aficionados yet - you possibly don’t know that you need not have a Twitter account to access tweets on Twitter. You can access the Twitter website in your browser and read away to your heart’s content, you don’t have to sign-up for an account. Just go to http://twitter.com and key in #PINK10 in the search window. In fact, to save time, let me do it for you! Just click here and see for yourself!
I spoke to Chris Dancy of ServiceSphere a few weeks ago and he’s agreed to publish video direct to Twitter live from the event. This is an exciting development and I’m really looking forward to seeing how it works. So if you’re going to Vegas, look out for Chris wandering around with his iPhone shooting video in the corridors and elsewhere - then a few minutes later he’ll have a link on Twitter for anyone to view. If you can’t wait to find out if this Chris guy is worth checking out - you can find him on Twitter right now at http://twitter.com/@servicesphere
Friday, August 14, 2009
More Attendees In 2010 Than 2009 - So Far!
We currently have approximately 550 people confirmed for the Conference - more than at the same time last year. At over 6 months out, and in the current economy, you have to admit this is great news!
We’ve always been proud of the quality of the content and program we put together, and that’s undoubtedly why we consistently get comments like “Best conference I’ve ever attended!” year-after-year. However, that doesn’t explain why people are prepared to book and pay so early. That has to be down to the creative special offers we come up with. This year we’ve bundled in overnight accommodation at the Bellagio for the Early Birds. That offer recently expired, but it has been replaced with a still pretty good offer of $59 room nights if you register by September 18th.
Believe me, you’ll NEVER be able to stay at the Bellagio for $59/night - except with Pink!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
“Attending” The Pink Conference Isn’t Just About Physically Being There
You also have this Conference Blog to help you prepare and plan for being at the biggest ITIL/ITSM event in the world in 2010! Of course, there’s only so much we can discuss and learn through the Web - and so we still look forward to seeing you at the Bellagio in February.
Here at the Conference Blog we plan to regularly post lots of news, updates, interviews, polls, links and articles about the speakers and topics you’ll get to see at the Conference.
And if you haven’t signed-up yet - check out the latest Early Bird special offer.
Friday, March 02, 2007
Interview With ITILv3 Authors
Click here to hear an interview with Gary Case & George Spalding, authors of the new ITILv3 book - “Continual Service Improvement”.
The New ITIL (version 3)
This blog sets out to answer these questions:
- What is ITIL V3?
- How is ITIL V3 different from the previous version?
- Why was a new version of ITIL necessary?
- How has this new version been developed?
- Who’s involved in ITIL V3?
- When will ITIL V3 be ready?
- How do I learn more about ITIL V3?
- When will the certifications line up with the new books?
... and more.
Pink Elephant is directly involved in the ITIL V3 book development project as well as the related certification program. if you have questions or concerns about the ITIL V3 project, please feel free to post them here, and we’ll either answer them or re-direct them to those who can.