Thursday, June 28, 2012
Practitioner Radio Episode 27 - Dealing With Rogue Support Agents
Rogue: Behaving in ways that are not expected / living apart and distinct from the rest of the group!
Most listeners of this Podcast Series will have personal stories to share about individuals or groups that have gone their own way and are proud of the fact. They don’t buy into Spock’s famous philosophy as illustrated in this video clip: “The needs of The many, outweigh the needs of the few or the one”
So the question is how do we incorporate our wayward cousins back into the family fold and if not possible what next?
Join Chris and I as we explore this very interesting and relevant topic.
- Podcast Statistics Released to the Public
- Logans Run
- Blog Article: Rogue IT Support Agent Examples
- Pink Forum for ITSM Discussion Board
- Pink Forum Leadership Event
- Distributive Service Desk Model Podcast
- Agents on the Support Desk who are REMOVED from the central organization
- Enterprise Support Process
- The Service Management Office Podcast
- External contractors in a service organization vs. remote agent
- Testing Unique
- Team vs. Group Thinking
- Supplier Management (Insourcing vs. Outsourcing)
- Back Office Black Market
- Outside Inside Outside Thinking (Employees are the customers)
- The difference between Technology Management and Service Management can be understood by the analogy presented by the differences between a Group and a Team
- Group (def): A group is a set of individuals or a collection of smaller groups working in parallel according to a common or shared objective.
- Team (def): A team shares the same characteristics as a group but in addition practices and execute plays accordirng to formal roles and a predefined game plan. (Services and Processes)
Troy’s Thunder Bolt Tip of The Day: If you are unable to gain agreement or participation of different parts of your distributed IT organization the best way to deal with this is to treat them as a respected customer but break off their back office access.
Troy’s and Chris’s Thoughts What Are Yours?
“We can love an honest rogue, but what is more offensive than a false saint?” ~Jessamyn West
To subscribe to Pink’s Podcasts on iTunes