Practitioner Radio Episode 12 - Demand Management
Not Understanding and Managing Demand results in IT delivering services that do not meet business / customer needs!
Join Chris and I as we dive into Demand Management and discuss how it is the Front Door of Value Generation.
- Demand Quote: Al Capone: I am like any other man, all I do is supply a demand
- All providers have to manage demand and supply
- Service Desk: Erlang Calculators / Managing Service Desk Demand
- Predicted Demand / Non Predicted Demand (History vs Transactional demand)
- Demand Mgmt requires constant monitoring
- Prince2 & PMBOK & Demand
- Project Management vs Portfolio Management (Service / Project)
- Demand feeds Portfolio Management
- Merger’s & Acquisitions and Demand Management
- The role of Architecture in Demand Management
- The role of Business Relationship Mangers Role and Demand Management
- Demand Management integrations with the Service Life Cycle
- The Service Catalog and Demand Management
- Normalizing Custom Services from SLA’s into the Service Catalog (shaping demand)
- Shaping Demand (Service Desk & Hosting Examples)
- Demand influences through price
- Show Back versus Charge Back (tool for moderating demand)
- Demand Management Tenants: (Receive, understand, predict) & (influence, shape)
- Three Types of SLA’s (Historic, Expected, Psychological)
- Quantified Self – Using Technology to monitor yourself
- Demand Management & 1st line Support
- 4 Entry points in ITIL for Demand Management
- Is A Password a Service Request or Incident?
Thunder Bolt Tip: IT like any service provider is responsible for planning and managing their supply based on demand. Demand Management is in part about receiving and influencing demand based on their clients best interests not their own.
Troy’s & Chris’s Thoughts What Are Yours?
“Ability will never catch up for the demand for it” ~Confucius
To subscribe to Pink’s Podcasts on iTunes
Previous entry: The Primary Roles of Release & Deployment Management