Practitioner Radio Episode 21 - Culture & ITSM Transformation Projects
ITSM Transformations Are Really People Change Projects
When it comes down to it you can buy a feature rich ITSM tool and even great looking documentation but you cannot buy the hearts and minds of your people.
The culture of your organization has a major impact on your ability to deploy IT Service Management processes within your organization
Join Chris and I as we discuss the difference between behaviour and cultural change and why understanding your cultural environment is a critical success factor for your ITSM project.
- Shout Out to Cary King
- Pink’s Opening Session – State Secret
- Pink12 Pinky “Crooner Pinker”
- Troy’s Pink12 Session - 5 Tips For Cementing Organizational Change
- ITSM Is really about People Change Projects
- HBR Article: Fair Process Managing in the Knowledge Economy
- Most culture literature is found in general business literature
- What Is Culture? (Human Nature, Group, Tone At the Top, Personality)
- Culture (Enterprise, Group, Individual)
- Dealing with culture is not a 1 size fits all approach
- Culture is different between Dev. and Ops groups
- Deal and Bolman Cultural Model – Reframing Organizations
- The Goal is to Change Behavior Not Culture!
- Professor John Kotter – Change Process
- The Kotter Model and ITSM Quick Wins
- ITSM Transformation and The Kubler-Ross Grief Model
- De Bono’s 6 Hats Thinking Systems
- Mountains, Mole Hills & Dead Buffaloes
Troy’s Thunderbolt Tip: Remember that culture and behavior are two different things. Behavior can be adjusted in the short term through careful management. Culture will only change after time has passed and the transformation was proven successful. Focus on short term actions on changing behavior - with an goal of long term culture impact.
Troy’s and Chris’s Thought’s What Are Yours?
“Change from the top down happens at the will and whim of those below.” ~Peter Block’s,
To subscribe to Pink’s Podcasts on iTunes
EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA SPECIAL:
SEE CHRIS AND TROY RECORD LIVE AT PINK12!!!