Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Practitioner Radio Episode 11 - Availability Mgmt.
Join Chris and I as we un-pack Availability Management as a Process and discuss how it is part design and part operations.
- The last episode number 10
- ITIL Implementation Roadmap (Availability Management)
- SLA is the outcome of Service Level Management
- The Availability report is the deliverable of the entire Availability Process
- The product is NOT the means to do something
- Google Dashboard of Availability http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en
- Evolutions vs. Maturation
- Forget the IT can you have availability for Financial Operations?
- System vs. Application availability based on RISK
- Availability is closer to Problem Management
- Earning your ITIL Pins
- Design part of Availability can be done by a SEPARATE GROUP
- TIP 1: Take the Availability report and feed it INTO a problem analysis discussion (MINI BOLT)
- Breakfast with Pink
- The dance of demand management
- The ITIL exorsist
- Reactive vs. Proactive
- What is the ACTUAL day job of a “Service Architect”
- Martin Erb is Pink’s Service Architect on Twitter
- White Collar vs. Blue Collar ITIL
Troy’s Thunder Bolt Tip of The Day: Availability Management is not just a report you run every month to satisfy Sr. Leadership. The report is only one output of a full process in the same way an SLA is the deliverable of Service Level Management
Troy’s and Chris’s Thoughts What Are Yours?
Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. ~Scott Adams
To subscribe to Pink’s Podcasts on iTunes