Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Practitioner Radio Episode 15 - Business Relationship Management
IT Shops have 3 front doors to handle demand: Business Relationship Management, Service Catalog and The Service Desk
With the ITIL 2011e release BRM has been elevated to stand on its own as the strategy process and role for establishing and managing business requirements and expectations.
Join Chris and I as we look at the evolution of the BRM role through the various versions of ITIL to its current placement as the customer engagement front door for Service Strategy and Portfolio Management.
- Chance meeting with Gary Case!
- Every Practioner Radio gets copied, why is that?/li>
- Business Relationship Manager
- Supplier Management for ITIL Podcast
- Do you start by training a business person to learn IT or do you take an IT person and teach them to talk business?
- What types of KPI’s do you put around the job of Business Relationship Manager (the secret is in the sales department)
- Demand Management Podcast
- Service Owner vs. Account Manager vs. Business Relationship Manager
- The Evolving Service Organization Whitepaper
Troy’s Thunder Bolt Tip of The Day: Every relationship can benefit from the wise counsel of a liaison, arbitrator or counselor. The Business Relationship Manager enables clear communication and collaboration between the business and IT.
Troy’s and Chris’s Thoughts What Are Yours?
“We’ve spent the last 30 years focusing on the T in IT, and we’ll spend the next 30 years focusing on the I.” ~Peter Drucker
To subscribe to Pink’s Podcasts on iTunes