Friday, February 04, 2011
Practitioner Radio Episode 3 - Service Level Management and SLAs
Service Level Agreements Can Be A Blessing Or A Curse Depending How You Go About Getting There!
Hello Folks Here is the Latest Episode of Practitioner Radio where Chris Dancy and I take a poke at Service Level Management and SLA’s
This show addresses the tough questions about how you go about practically applying the concepts of Service Definition, Service Level Management to end up with Service Level Agreements.
- Service Level Management and SLAs
- The SLA Pledge
- Levels of SLAs (SLAs, SLOs, SLTs) Training wheels for SLAs
- SLA’s before Service Catalog is putting the the cart before the horse
Book: Defining IT Success Through The Service Catalog
- Service Catalog in ITIL v2 versus v3
- Services versus Technology Areas or Applications
- Service Catalogs and Restaurant Menus (an analogy) Whats on your Menu?
- How To Fail at Service Level Management with SLAs
- SLA are two way agreements
Troy’s Thunder Bolt Tip of The Day
The Services you define in your portfolio are the same ones you publish in a Service Catalog, model in your CMDB and based your Service Based Costing on. (Its a connected Service management World)
Troy’s Thoughts What Are Yours?
To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. ~Douglas Adams